Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Pre-Thanksgiving Dinner

I'm always one who will find any excuse or reason to spend time with my family. Jenni and Will invited us to come down to their house and spend Friday afternoon and evening with them, as sort of a pre-Thanksgiving dinner. We had a great time....wonderful food, great company and time with our grandkids, Preston and Taylor.

Jenni spent all day cooking, and it showed.......yummy roast, dressing, pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake.....(can you tell that pumpkin is her favorite next to chocolate?) Preston has learned to say "cheese" for the camera.....so that is why he has this "cheesy" smile on his face.



Grandpa put new batteries in Preston's firetruck......hmmmmmmm......I think that his mom took them out for a reason! I can just hear Jenni saying "Oh I'm sorry Preston....the batteries are dead already!" as she hides the new batteries. But hey....that is what grandpa's do, is play and have fun with their grandsons!


Preston wanted ALL of grandpa's attention, so he asked grandpa to tell him stories. He brought out his blanket and laid it on the floor and made sure that grandpa laid down with him.


It must have been a good story, judging by the look on Preston's face.



We listened to some of Jenni's new music, played games.....and chuckled as Preston tried to talk and his brain went faster than his mouth. He got a new nickname: "Gabby".....but his mom calls him "Sticky", because he always has sticky fingers.

A snow storm started to blow in on Sunday. But the main storm didn't get here until Monday.....with high winds, unseasonably cold temperatures (26 degrees) and several inches of snow. To top it off, on Monday afternoon we had an earthquake (3.1) which shook the house real hard. There wasn't much damage reported, except that our clerk's office in our stake center in Arlington had some cabinets fall off the wall and smash a printer and tip over a computer monitor. Today is Tuesday, and the sun is shining and to say it was beautiful outside would be an understatement. It's gorgeous! But still only 18 degrees.....brrrrrr.

I love this time of year.....I think that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love the beautiful fall colors, and the crisp leaves. I love hearing the crackle of a fire in the fireplace, and sipping a cup of hot chocolate. But most of all.......I LOVE MY FAMILY!!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Awe what a sweet post. We sure love you and am glad you came to visit for our little thanksgiving dinner!