What's going on in the world today? I thought that it would be good to state a few things about how things are right now, and then compare them to things in the future.
Ron and I are still alive and kicking.....I guess that is pretty good news! Ron just turn 60, and I will turn 59 next month. We are both starting to feel our age.....even though we both told each other that we weren't ever going to get old. Well.....so much for wishful thinking.Things in the headlines today: - Gas prices are $3.71 in Stanwood, Washington
- Obama just signed on for a "no-fly" zone over Libya
- Japan was just hit (a few days ago) with a 9.0 earthquake, resulting in a tsunami which has killed 27,00 people by today's count. Every LDS missionary was accounted for.
- Eliabeth Taylor died yesterday.
- I'm teaching 20 students, violin and piano
- Bread costs between $3.59 and $5.00 a loaf
- We had some sun, some clouds and some rain today. 52 degrees
- "Secretariat" was the best film we've seen this year.
- Jenni and Will live just 5 minutes from us (Yay!)
- On Ron's 60th birthday, he took a really great snow picture at Tollgate, in Eastern Oregon
- I'm working on a Christmas album (keep my fingers crossed that I'll get it finished this year.)
- We have 7 grandchildren.....3 girls, 4 boys
- Ron is the Stake President of the Arlington Washington Stake
- A Camano Island man died of the Swine flu....and two from Stanwood are hospitalized with it
- Anyway, I can't think of anything else that you would be interested in.....so that's my list for now.
2 comments:
That's a really good idea to write those things out so in the future you can remember them.
I knew the guy who died of swine flu. I graduated from high school with him. Do you remember Willy Gardner? I had many grade school, middle school, and high school classes with him. Really nice guy.
'Love the new picture of you and Ron...Oh, how I miss "my" ocean!
Keep working on your Christmas album...some of us not only WANT it but need something new to listen to!
Post a Comment