Saturday, August 4, 2012

Special times with two little redheads

Jenni had to have surgery last Tuesday, so Ron and I brought Preston and Taylor up to our house to stay, so Jenni wouldn't have to worry about them.  (Will had to go out of town for two weddings and a funeral)  We certainly don't get anything else accomplished when the boys are at our house, but we sure have fun !!


The boys know that we live close to the beach, so that is always a place that they want to go.  We took them down to Maple Grove Boat launch, because the tide was out, and because of that, we knew that there wouldn't be a lot of boats and people.  It's a rocky beach though, so it's not the easiest to build a sand castle on.


But that didn't seem to matter.....shells and rocks were among the treasures found.



It was nice and warm at our house, but it was a bit cooler at the beach because of the breeze coming off the water.  Jenni had only sent up one jacket, so I found an old jacket that used to belong to our son Michael and let Preston wear that one.  It was a bit big for him, and the zipper was stuck, but at least it acted like a wind breaker.  Taylor wore Preston's black fleece, which was way too big for him and made him look even shorter.


The rocks closest to the water were pretty big, and Taylor had a hard time navigating on them, so he finally got grandpa to carry him over the rough areas.




Preston is so polite.....he always thanks me for dinner. I fixed salmon last night, and neither one of them would eat it, which surprised me. Maybe it's because I had watermelon as well, and that's all they wanted! I ended up giving them both a bowl of cereal later.


Neither one of the boys wanted to take a nap after we got back from the beach. I put Preston on my bed, and Taylor in the crib with the music going. Preston finally asked if he could sleep on the couch, so I let him go down. Taylor howled for an hour so I finally picked him up and sat in the rocking chair. Within one minute he was asleep. Preston put his blanket over his head and fell asleep sitting up. After about 45 minutes, he tipped over and stayed that way. They both slept a couple of hours.

When we told the boys that we were going to take them to the beach again, Taylor just cracked me up. I told him to get his shoes and and he was like a bullet getting them, and then he started dancing up and down and jabbering like crazy and trying to open the front door. Grandpa had a couple of things he wanted to do first before we left, but gave up because he knew that Taylor wouldn't last that long. It was pretty funny.




We went down to the beach at English Boom this time......a nice sandy beach.  The  boys were so excited about being there, and they loved playing in the sand.  We had chicken and fruit for our picnic....and Oreo "kiki's" as Taylor would say.  He would pull them apart and eat all the frosting off.  Hmmmmm....I wonder where he learned that from?




More sand castle building.



Later that night after I had their PJ's on, Taylor kept unzipping them and said he wanted a bath. I told him he could have a bath in the morning. Then when I wasn't looking, he kept putting toys into his pajama leg, like a pocket. When it was time to put him bed, I found at least 6 or 7 cars in his pajama leg. Silly boy. :)   Both Preston and Taylor LOVE to ride in grandpa's truck.  On Thursday evening, Will and Jenni met Ron at our Stake Center in Arlington to hand over the boys to them so they could go home for a few days.  (they will be coming back in a few days for a while longer.)  They both immediatley fell asleep and had a good nap driving to the stake center.  (I had to stay home to finish teaching my music lessons.)  Jenni tells me that they jabbered all the way home!  I guess that means that they like to visit grandma and grandpa!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Haha silly boys! This made me giggle. Thanks for sharing. Lots of memories. Love the part about Taylor sticking toys down his pajamas - hahahahaha. Thanks for watching them. They love coming to your house and being with you!

Will Thomas said...

They were so excited to go visit and having been looking forward to their return trip. Thanks!