Three photos of climbing Mt. Index....by Ron.
Climbing Mt. Index.....you can see the town of Index far below in the valley.
Dennis Graver, sitting atop Index.
The Wall, on Mt. Index.....700 feet of sheer straight up cliff.

Five photos of climbing Mt. Sauk, by Dennis.
February 17 - Ron on top of Mt. Sauk, near Darrington. Glacier Peak is in the background. Glacier Peak is where Will Thomas was hiking that day. Maybe if we zoomed in on the photo, we might be able to see Will!
Ron, kneeling to get a shot on Mt. Sauk.
The zip zag trail up Mt. Sauk.
Ron, on top of Mt. Sauk.
Ron, climbing on all fours to get up to the top of Mt. Sauk. The trail was covered with snow, and not usable, so they improvised and went straight up.
Ron wants to take me back there when the wildflowers are in bloom. Hopefully I won't have to scramble straight up any cliffs or mountainsides. I must admit, when we have blue skies around here, there's not much that can beat the beauty of the Pacific Northwest.


3 comments:
I'll agree with your final statement there! I hiked Mt. Sauk with Smith once right after I got home from my mission, so about 11+ years ago. Except when we went, it was really low cloud cover with lots of fog and little visibility, and lots and lots of snow. It was October or November 2003, we built a snowman at the top haha.
Beautiful pics, serious hill ascending to get on top!
Post a Comment