Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Beauty of Winter






Usually during the month of February, I have had it with winter, and all the cold and wet weather that goes along with it. But for the past couple of days, I have been scanning old slides into my computer, and found these incredibly beautiful pictures that my folks had taken many years ago, in Eastern Oregon. I just had to share them. They are breath-taking. I remember those trips on the snow-machines, going 7 or 8 miles into the back country, and they were unforgettable, and so much fun. On days like this, winter doesn't seem so long!



Dusk and the rising moon, in Eastern Oregon

A picture perfect day with blue skies and fresh white powder

Me, with my parents on a beautiful day



Ron and Michael having a blast in the snow!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Wow those really are pretty pictures. I really like the one with the pink sky. It makes me not mind winter as much either. I know you hold those snowmobiling memories dear to your heart!