At this time of year, you might ask "what is there to do in Seattle?" My answer would be, "Have you ever visited the Japanese Gardens in Washington Park?" Having never been there before, Ron and I walked through the Gardens on October 16, and were awe-struck with the beauty that was there.
On every turn there were brilliant colored maple leaves, exquisitly manicured lawns and sculptures and perfectly placed bolders. There was even a huge coi pond with the biggest coi I have ever seen.
There was a beautiful little stone bridge that was one of my favorite things in the garden. The lighting was perfect to take photos.......but, we could only bring my little Nikon and not Ron's good camera, because you can't tripods into the garden. They allow photographers into the gardens early, on specific days before the public is allowed in, and then you can take a tripod into the gardens......but only 10 photographers at a time.......so they don't run into each other.
I thought that this willow tree was very interesting the way it grew over the pond.
The sky was overcast, and there was a fine mist, so we brought out the umbrellas.
Some of the photos might be a bit blurry because they were hand-held, instead of using a tripod.
I loved all the trimmed evergreens.
I would love to go back with a GOOD camera and take photos of the gardens again. If you haven't even visited them, make sure that you do. They are beautiful in all seasons of the year.
2 comments:
Wow...that is absolutely gorgeous. I have never been there either, but we have been to the botanical gardens which are really close to the Japanese gardens (but are free). We will definitely have to do this sometime. The colors are so pretty it makes me wnat to go now. How much did you say it was to get into the gardens? Beautiful photos...I can see why Dad wants to go back with his camera.
So beautiful. A rainy day seems to bring out the color and beauty. We'll have to add this to our list next time we come to visit.
I'm impressed with the great shots you were able to get, even with your 'little Nikon'. I'd give anything just to have that ;)
Post a Comment