Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Family Playtime

Playing in the snow is supposed to be fun! Except Preston doesn't think so.......can you tell by the look on his little face?

Monday, January 31st, Ron and I took Jenni, Will, Preston and Taylor up to Mt. Baker for a picnic in the snow, and some snowshoeing. It was a beautiful, cold winter day......and we practically had the ski resort to ourselves. We pulled into the parking lot at the Mt. Baker Ski Resort at Heather Meadows, and set up the campstove........we had hot dogs, baked beans, chips, pasta salad and hot chocolate!




Preston was fine, as long as someone carried him on the snow. Grandpa finally got him to walk on the snow, but for the most part, he really didn't want to have anything to do with it.

After our picnic, we strapped on the snowshoes, bundled up the kids and started hiking. Jenni had Taylor strapped in as snug as a bug in rug in the Baby Bjorn carrier.....he finally fell asleep as we were hiking. Will put Preston in a backpack, where he was quite content.........just as long as he didn't have to touch the snow. Ron, Jenni and I had snowshoes, while Will had on skis. He put some "skins" on his skis so he could go uphill with us. Then when we reached as high as we wanted to go, he took of the skins and skiied down the hill. Preston thought that was pretty cool.....except that it was "very cold!"



Will and Preston, with Mt. Shuksan in the background.



We practically had the hills to ourselves. It was sure a beautiful day, and it was fun getting out and doing something with our family.



Taylor "hates" his car seat, and he howled at us most of the way, but didn't take long to fall asleep once Jenni had him secured in the Baby Bjorn carrier.




I sure love my family. I'm so glad that we are able to do some fun things with them. I wish that I could see my other children more often. The most important thing we have is our families.....never take them for granted. Always take the time to tell them that you love them, and don't ever let work or other responsibilities take away from your time together as a family. These are the kind of memories that we will always cherish. Families are Forever!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I still need to do my blog about this! maybe I'll do it tonight! We had fun that's for sure!