Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A New Year

It seems like time passes so quickly these days.....I feel like I don't get anywhere near the things accomplished that I would like to. I'm either too busy or tired. I'm glad that January rolls around every once in a while....it makes us stop to re-think how things are going in our lives, and whether or not we need to make any changes or course corrections.


It may sound trivial to some, but at this time of year, I'm even more grateful for just a tiny bit of warmth and sunshine. I'm grateful for the opportunity to refocus and start again.


Most people have a special place where they like to go just to get away from it all, or to have time to relax and think. Ron and I have that special spot, on Fidalgo Island, near Anacortes. A few days ago, we bought some Fish and Chips (a special treat!) and drove to our spot by the ocean, just to enjoy the late afternoon

The clouds were starting to disperse and the sun was doing it's best to poke it's nose through the clouds. It was so nice just to relax and enjoys the boats floating past us, and have the chance to "recharge our batteries", so to speak.

The Trumpeter Swans have returned to the fields in Skagit Valley to feed during the winter, and they are quite a beautiful sight. The sun was almost setting, bathing the valley in a warm glow, as we stopped to enjoy the swans for a few moments.


The sun only shone for just a few minutes, and it reminded me so much of life....that it passes so quickly......so we need to take advantage of every moment that we have.....to make wise choices and enjoy life to it's fullest. We may not be able to control all the circumstances of our lives, but we do control the attitude with which we approach life. I think that is the right attitude to start this new year with. So, let's charge full steam ahead!

No comments: