Saturday, January 10, 2009

Wild Weather







My daughter, Jenni, posted some photos of the flooding that has been occuring in our area, which prompted me to post these two photos today. Ron is a member of the Area Coordinating Council (the ten Stake Presidents in this area), and President Tanner sent us these photos this morning of Snoqualmie and the Woodinville-Duvall Road. The road looks more like an earthquake destroyed it, rather than water. I haven't heard of any people being drowned, or animals for that matter. I think that we've dodged the bullet this time.


It's still raining in our area, but the water that was over the streets in downtown Stanwood has receded. The rivers are still high though. Does anyone else feel like taking a vacation to Hawaii besides me? (Ron has been wearing a Hawaiian shirt all day, in rebellion of the weather!)

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Wow I had not seen those photos. I can't believe the highway is all broken up like that. Wow! Mother Nature can sure put us all in a humble state, eh?