My parents, Derrell and Thelma Lindsay. Still good sports about having a new adventure. I hope that Ron and I will be so ambitious when we get to be their age.
A close up shot of some dry grass at the side of the road.
The next day, we decided to go on another little outing, and drove north this time, across the Washington border. We drove north of Walla Walla for about an hour, to Palouse Falls. This falls is about 2 miles from where the river dumps into the Snake River. It's quite impressive to see this massive amount of water out in the middle of desert plains.
Ron and my mother, with Palouse Falls in the background.
This is a woodrat that I was able to get a telephoto shot of. He's so cute! I can't believe that he is a rat! He looks more like a marmot to me. He was totally oblivious to the height of the cliff he was scurrying around on. It made me dizzy!
Our short trip to central Oregon and the Palouse in Washington, made Ron and I want to go back again, this time with photography in mind. I just love the diversity of this beautiful earth that we live on. There's always something beautiful around the next bend in the road.
2 comments:
Wow those are really great photso. The texture and colors are so rich and beautiful. Stunning! And the one of Grandma climbing the fence is hilarious!!! I love Grandma!! I'm so glad she is adventurous even at 80 years old.
It's amazing that there is beauty everywhere, even in the middle of the desert.
Post a Comment