.....signing autograph to a few CD covers
The big challenge now is marketing the album....which is really a never ending process for an independent artist. We have tried to be creative in our thinking, and made several short video promos and posted them on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4fMFW8w9SM) We sent out newsletters and announcements by email, and plan to do some small venue "Klassy Kids Koncerts" starting this fall, which will involve music from the album along with stories that would entertain kids.One of the best advertisements however, is from people who have purchased the CD and then tell others about it and how much they enjoy it. You'd be amazed at how helpful that is....so if you have the CD and like it, please help spread the word!
I had one lady ask me, "When your kids were growing up and you were trying to get them to practice the piano, did you ever dream that someday you would do something like this with one of your children?" In answer to that question, I would have to say that the idea had never entered my head. But when it comes to Jenni and the piano, she was not like the ordinary kid and practicing the piano. With most children it's a struggle to get them to practice, but with Jenni it was hard to get her to STOP practicing! I had to fight for time on the piano! I would have to say to her, "Jenni, STOP PRACTICING........IT'S MY TURN!"
I think that this experience has been good for both of us......we motivate each other in different ways. Will we ever do another album together? Time will tell. If this album does well, who knows....we might consider coming out with "The Lullaby Album 2". But that is too far in the future right now to think about. In the "here and now", we are very pleased with the end result of our efforts on this project, and are certain that anyone and everyone who listens to this album will find something that touches their heart.
1 comment:
Kudos Mom. Great blog - I really liked how you said everything. And I like your photo too. That is a good one to put on facebook.
Post a Comment