Thursday, March 11, 2010

Macro Universe - A Whole New World

I think that I just discovered a new universe. . . . . . . . .well, new to me that is. Ron and I drove up Highway 20 (the North Cascades Highway) and turned off the road at Marblemount and headed up to Cascade Pass on a dirt road. (our Camry thought is was a 4-wheel drive again.) We just wanted to take photographs of "whatever." I decided to try my hand at the miniscule world of macro photography. It 's an entire unverise by itself! I can't believe all the minute details of creation......it's completely mind boggling.
The following photos were taken about an inch and a half away from the subjects......it was moss covering a rock. When you are this close, it looks like huge leaves on a tree.......but the area I was focused on was less than an inch at the most. Pretty amazing!

A different kind of moss, with a water droplet a quarter the size of my little fingernail.

This is a shot a litte farther away, of the first kind of mossy fern. They are absolutely exquisite.

Another view of this miniscule mossy fern.

Just to get a feel for where we were, this is a creek that we stopped at......I photographed all the closeup moss, and Ron photographed the creek. This shot is taken with a super slow shutter speed, so it blurs the water.

After we got home, I wanted to try some closeup shots of some flowers that we had on the dining room table. These photos are not as close as the ones in the mountains, but I think they are still amazing when you look at the detail of the flowers.

You almost expect a honeybee to land on the center of the flower petals.

I love the texture of the rose petals. It doesn't take much work to find beauty in just about everything in the world. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for creating such a beautiful place for us to live in.

1 comment:

Stephen and Ileana said...

Awesome. You are getting very good with your photography Mom. And it is very interesting how you can see the texture of the rose petals when you get up close.