Thursday, March 25, 2010

Red Hair



Red hair runs in my family........I am a fifth generation redhead. It probably goes back farther than that, but we don't have record of it, or color photographs of anyone back that far. So, that makes Preston a seventh generation redhead. Interestingly, everyone that I'm aware of, is the same color of red.......not a solid color, but red ranging from auburn to blonde, all mixed together. (Preston's mom, my daughter Jenni actually is the same color red, but she adds lots of blonde highlights.)
It's funny how many people that have red hair, wish that they didn't. Personally, I love having red hair.....it's not a common color and I've always been proud that I have carried on the "family tradition." The color comes from my dad's side of the family, so I consider it "Lindsay red." I hope that as Preston grows up, he won't be teased by friends because of his red hair.....I think it looks gorgeous! (I don't think that Preston could have ended up with any color of hair other than red, because his Grandma Thomas has the exact same color red that I do! )
"Never underestimate the power of a redhed!"
P.S. My mother tells me that her father, James John Sutherland was also a redhead! Wow.....I have redheads all through my family!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

This is a really cute photo! I do like my red hair...just with highlights :)