The final product!
Last week our house looked like it was Christmas time. We had Christmas decorations spread out all over the dining room table and the studio lights sets up............and I must say, that it peaked the curiosity of several of my students.
I am in the middle of recording a Christmas album (which I've been working on for almost 2 years.....at a very slow pace I might add.) During the past two winters, I have been trying to get a really good snow photo to use on the cover of my album......which I have failed miserably at. So this February, Ron took a great snow picture at Tollgate area in Oregon......but when we converted it to CMYK color instead of RGB, it just looked lifeless. (The company that produces that actual CD needs everything in CMYK colors.)
So giving up on a snow photo, I decided to try coming up with a Christmas photo just using decorations. I don't want to show you the first ones I came up with.....they aren't worth looking at. Ron was very patient with me and set up the red background and also let me use his camera. After several dozen shots, I finally came up with something I liked......but there was still something lacking.
So I asked Ron if he would take the photos this time..........and we were much more meticulate in arranging the decorations and lights. By using my new star filter, we were able to create the great sparkly effect which I love. So this photo is the final result of our efforts.....this was truly a team effort.....I set everything up and Ron actually took the photo and processed it. I wanted an album cover that would "jump out at you" and I think this one does! I love it!

3 comments:
I think it turned out really great! I think it is really eye catching for sure! Great job!
This makes me anxious for Christmas and your album! I'm excited to hear your wonderful music.
It looks great Mom! It looks very warm and the colors trigger all sorts of memories from Christmas's past: fireplaces, wassail, Christmas lights, decorations, watching Christmas movies, listening to Christmas music, etc. Great job, can't wait to hear the album.
Post a Comment