Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I'm Seeing Stars !!

Several months ago Ron asked me what I would like for my birthday........I told him that I would love to have a Star Filter for my camera. On my birthday, he handed me a large, heavy box. I thought to myself...."well, this certainly isn't a filter." As I opened the box, I found a huge, heavy wrench! Oh wow.....just what I wanted! Then as I removed all the newspaper that he had stuffed into the box, I found a 6 point Star Filter! Yay! (Ron was having a great time teasing me.) What is a Star Filter you ask? It takes points of light and shoots the light rays off into pin points of little stars.




Ron and I love the town of Anacortes.....we always seem to find ourselves in that area if we are out for a drive. Last evening was no expection....only this time it was planned. The city of Anacortes has just updated a beautiful park at the Cap Santa Marina area, and we felt that it was the perfect spot to try out my new Star Filter.


The following two photos are of the same lightpost at the Seafarer's Memorial Park......one photo without and one with the Star Filter. (I think I would name this photo "Lost at Sea.")




With the Star Filter.....




I think that the filter really creates a cool effect. Last evening was so beautiful....the sun was turning everything golden and the newly updated park was really, really nice. They had put in a new dock, new breakwater, new landscaping, new picnic tables, new rock edging along the beach, and new restrooms. It's the perfect place for a picnic and for setting off in kayaks, or just watching the boats coming in and out of the harbor.





Before the sun went down, looking towards Cap Sante Marina...


Ron, with camera in hand in the warm sunset light.....




It will be fun to try photos of different things with this new filter. The oil tankers across the bay were even interesting. Thank you Ron, for the great bithday present!! I love it!!




3 comments:

Jenni said...

Wow that is really pretty!

Emmy Southworth said...

I had no idea there was a star filter, it looks great!

Rob said...

I do like the star filters. Such a nice effect. I love the one of the lamp post and the statue.