Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Family Portraits


How is it that we always think of taking family pictures at this time of year? I guess it's because as grandma and grandpa we want to see how much everyone has grown. Ron and I have usually avoided taking our picture.....probably because we don't want to see how much older we have gotten!


But we "bit the bullet" and took our picture this year. Have you ever tried to take your own portrait? Not the easiest of things to do! We have a little remote shutter control button, so we get everything set up, then we have to count to three and "snap." I discovered how hard it was to count and then try to smile in time for the shutter release. It's much easier when someone else is around to push the button!
We are snowed in today. There is at least 8 inches on the ground and still coming down hard. Growing up in Eastern Oregon (and Salt Lake City for Ron) we usually don't bat an eye about snow. But we live on a steep hill that has lots of twists and turns, and the snow around here is very wet, heavy snow, unlike the dry power of Oregon and Utah. People in this area practially panic when it snows, so driving on the same road with someone who doesn't know how to drive in the snow can be a bit hairy. We just look at this as an adventure. I think I'll go make a cup of hot chocolate and curl up in front of the fireplace. Merry Christmas!


3 comments:

Jenni said...

I think you guys look great! Especially for a self portrait. I love how with Dad's special lighting it makes any place in your house look like a professional studio. :)

Stephen and Ileana said...

I agree the picture looks great. And while you're snowed in our high today was 80 degrees!

Will Thomas said...

The picture looks great! Enjoy the snow! It should be slow & fun driving for us both this weekend. Glad you have a blog!