Ron and I finally made it down to Pendleton, after getting stuck in our driveway when we first started our trip. Once we reached the freeway, the roads were fine. It was so nice to go home for Christmas......it's been a while since I've been to Pendleton for Christmas. On Christmas day, the sun came out, and it was absolutely beautiful out.....sparkling white snow, blue sky, and especially being with my parents. My dad is 88, and will be 89 this spring....we really don't know how much longer he will be with us, so Ron and I felt it was very important that we were able to spend some time with my folks this Christmas season. I know that they appreciated our being there as well.
We looked at old snowmobiling slides, and home videos of when our kids were little, and on Christmas Eve we watched the musical version of "Scrooge", which is a tradition in our family. We had salmon for dinner and it was wonderful. Mom made a pumpkin pie, and I think we all feel like we need to go on a diet now.
Our drive home was rather foggy, with compact snow in places coming over Snoqualmie Pass. The worst part of the trip was trying to get up the hill to our subdivision......we tried three times, but kept spinning out. Ron finally decided to put the chains on.....it still took us two tries to get up that stupid hill! I think that next year we will either have a 4-wheel drive or we will have sold this house!
1 comment:
I can't believe that you made it fine all the way there and back, but the hardest part was getting out of your driveway and back up the hill! Hahaha. We missed you guys, so it was fun to see the photos. I like the little candy cane Christmas trim on the pictures. We love you!
Post a Comment