Friday, July 1, 2011

Preston-ism



Lately I have been watching two of my grandsons, three days a week for a couple of hours in the morning, while Jenni works out with her trainer dad. The day before yesterday, I made Preston. who just turned 3, some oatmeal and then poured a little milk on it to cool it off. He watched everything I did with great interest. They next day, I made a crepe for him (eggs, oatmeal and protein) with fresh strawberries cut up on the top of it. A few minutes later, he called out "All done." When I came over to the table to pick up his plate, I found that he had eaten the entire crepe, but there were little pools of milk on the plate. He said "I pour milk on it!" He had seen me pour milk on his oatmeal the day before, so he thought it was perfectly right and normal to pour milk in his crepe! It just struck home to me how much children watch EVERY little thing we do, and then imitate it. Wow! So BE GOOD!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

And Preston really DOES watch everything we do. AND listen to everything too. I'm amazed at what he picks up. He's such a sweet funny boy. Thank you for watcing both of them so I can work out.